- Nothing changed yet.
- Avoid deprecation warning with py3.4
- Properly check for default cookiejar arguments [Julian Berman]
- Avoid raising encoding errors from debugapp (needed to use with WSGIProxy2) [Laurence Rowe]
- Fixed #110. Forced values for Radio inputs are no longer ignored by value property on get. [bayprogrammer]
- Added method TestApp.set_parser_features to change the parser_features used by BeautifulSoup. [tomasmoreyra]
- Added app.set_cookie [luhn]
- Fixed #73. Python < 2.6.5 does not support unicode as keyword arguments names. [Stepan Kolesnik]
- Fixed #84 Application cookies for localhost are no longer ignored [gawel]
- Fixed #89 remove WSGIWarning: You are not supposed to send a body in a DELETE request because we now have a good reason for that. See http://bit.ly/1tb3yxW [gawel]
- Fixed #92 You can now override TestApp.JSONEncoder to use a custom encoder [gawel]
- Fixed #93 Support basic authentication [gawel]
- Fixed #103 Broken “Edit me on GitHub” links in documentation [gawel]
- Fixed #106 Make wrapping the app in the lint middleware optional [dmlayton]
- Fixed #107 Explicit error message when WSGIProxy2 is not installer [gawel]
- Fixed #108 cgi.parse_qsl is pending deprecation [gawel]
- Allow .select() on <select>s and <select multiple>s. [Markus Bertheau]
- Allow selecting <select> options by text [Markus Bertheau]
- Ignore the value attribute of file inputs [Markus Bertheau]
- Allow selecting the form submit button by its value [Markus Bertheau]
- Depend on unittest2 only for Python versions lower than 2.7 [iElectric]
- Add an optional parameter to TestApp, allowing the user to specify the parser used by BeautifulSoup [lyndsysimon]
- Make StopableWSGIServer thread daemonic [lrowe]
- Make sure Upload.content_type is not ignored https://github.com/Pylons/webtest/pull/88 [Marius Gedminas]
- Allow checking/unchecking a set of same-named checkboxes by assigning a list of values. [carljm]
- fix “AttributeError: ‘InputWrapper’ object has no attribute ‘seek’” [iElectric]
- Added xhr=True parameter to TestApp.get, TestApp.post, TestApp.head, TestApp.delete [kharandziuk]
- Remove old (and broken?) casperjs/selenium backward compat imports. Fix https://github.com/gawel/webtest-selenium/issues/9 [gawel]
- Allow optionally specifying the MIME type of an uploaded form file. Fixes #86 [Marius Gedminas]
- Detect JSON if mimetype ends with +json, such as application/vnd.webtest+json [homm]
- Fixed #72. Use WSGIServer new api even if there waitress has backward compat. [gawel]
- Fixed #50. Corrected default value for the delete params argument. [noonat]
- Be sure to decode the content if it is gziped before returning it [Alexis Métaireau]
- fixed #64. cookiejar api has changed in python3.3 [gawel]
- allow to use a fixed StopableWSGIServer [gawel]
- Do not alter the BeautifulSoup object when parsing forms. [Georges Dubus]
- Remove first newline while parse textarea block, how modern browsers does. [Victor Safronovich] pull #69
- Ignore select.error (not socket.error) following StopableWSGIServer.shutdown. [Laurence Rowe]
- Handle the short form of <select multiple> [Marius Gedminas]
- Correctly handle <option> elements with no value attribute [Marius Gedminas]
- Ignore socket.error following StopableWSGIServer.shutdown. [Laurence Rowe]
- <button> without type=’submit’ attribute is treated as Submit control [Andrey Lebedev].
- Support for redirects having relative “Location” header [Andrey Lebedev]
- Treat strings in the WSGI environment as native strings, compliant with PEP-3333. [wosc]
- Allow TestResponse.click() to match HTML content again. [ender672]
- Support secure cookies [Andrey Lebedev]
- Added Pasword field [diarmuidbourke]
- re-allow to use unknow field type. Like
- Don’t let BeautifulSoup use lxml. Fix GH-51 [kmike]
- drop zc.buildout usage for development, now using only virtualenv [Domen Kožar]
- Backward incompatibility : Removed the
webtest.response.TestResponse.clickbutton(). It is for the greater good. [madjar]
- Rewrote API documentation [Domen Kožar]
- Added wsgiproxy support to do HTTP request to an URL [gawel]
- Use BeautifulSoup4 to parse forms [gawel]
- Added webtest.app.TestApp.patch_json [gawel]
- Implement webtest.app.TestApp.cookiejar support and kindof keep webtest.app.TestApp.cookies functionality. webtest.app.TestApp.cookies should be treated as read-only. [Domen Kožar]
- Split Selenium integration into separate package webtest-selenium [gawel]
- Split casperjs integration into separate package webtest-casperjs [gawel]
- Test coverage improvements [harobed, cdevienne, arthru, Domen Kožar, gawel]
- Fully implement decoding of HTML entities
- Fix tox configuration
- fix tests error due to CLRF in a tarball
- add travis-ci
- migrate repository to https://github.com/Pylons/webtest
- Fix a typo in apps.py: selectedIndicies
- Preserve field order during parsing (support for deform and such)
- allow equals sign in the cookie by spliting name-value-string pairs on the first ‘=’ sign as per http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6265#section-5.2
- fix an error when you use AssertionError(response) with unicode chars in response
- added webtest.ext - allow to use casperjs
- fix #25 params dictionary of webtest.AppTest.post() does not support unicode values
- Moved TestApp to app.py
- Added selenium testing framework. See
- Fix #10, now TestApp.extra_environ doesn’t take precedence over a WSGI environment passed in through the request.
- Removed stray print
- Revert change to cookies that would add
"around cookie values.
- Added property
webtest.Response.pyquery()which returns a PyQuery object.
- Set base_url on
- Include tests and docs in tarball.
- Fix sending in webob.Request (or webtest.TestRequest) objects.
- Fix handling forms with file uploads, when no file is selected.
- Fixed/added wildcard statuses, like
- Fix file upload fields in forms: allow upload field to be empty.
- Added support for single-quoted html attributes.
- TestResponse now has unicode support. It is turned on by default for all responses with charset information. This is backward incompatible change if you rely (e.g. in doctests) on parsed form fields or responses returned by json and lxml methods being encoded strings when charset header is in response. In order to switch to old behaviour pass use_unicode=False flag to TestApp constructor.
- Added method
TestApp.request(), which can be used for sending requests with different methods (e.g.,
MKCOL). This method sends all its keyword arguments to
webtest.TestRequest.blank()and then executes the request. The parameters are somewhat different than other methods (like
webtest.TestApp.get()), as they match WebOb’s attribute names exactly (the other methods were written before WebOb existed).
- Removed the copying of stdout to stderr during requests.
- Fix file upload fields in forms (#340) – you could
upload files with
webtest.TestApp.post(), but if you use
resp.formfile upload fields would not work (from rcs-comp.com and Matthew Desmarais).
- Fix form inputs; text inputs always default to the empty string, and unselected radio inputs default to nothing at all. From Daniele Paolella.
- Fix following links with fragments (these fragments should not be sent to the WSGI application). From desmaj.
force_valueto select fields, like
res.form['select'].force_value("new_value"). This makes it possible to simulate forms that are dynamically updated. From Matthew Desmarais.
webtest.Response.mustcontain()when you pass in a
- Changed the
__str__of responses to make them more doctest friendly:
- All headers are displayed capitalized, like Content-Type
- Headers are sorted alphabetically
__repr__to only show the body length if the complete body is not shown (for short bodies the complete body is in the repr)
- Note: these are backward incompatible changes if you are using doctest (you’ll have to update your doctests with the new format).
- Fixed exception in the
- Added a
app.put, which sets the
Content-Typeof the request. This is more convenient when testing REST APIs.
- Skip links in
<script>...</script>tags (since that’s not real markup).
- Don’t submit unnamed form fields.
- Checkboxes with no explicit
on(previously they sent
checked, which isn’t what browsers send).
- Support for
<select multiple>fields (from Matthew Desmarais)
- Fix the
TestAppvalidator’s InputWrapper lacking support for readline with an argument as needed by the cgi module.
- Keep URLs in-tact in cases such as
app.get('http://www.python.org')(so HTTP_HOST=www.python.org, etc).
lxml.htmlimport, so lxml 2.0 users can get HTML lxml objects from
<input type="image">like a submit button.
SimpleCookiefor storing cookies (avoids quoting cookie values).
- Accept any
paramsargument that has an
itemsmethod (like MultiDict)